Ready In: 30 m
- Spray oil
- kosher salt
- 12 oz. box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. diced Provolone
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a large casserole dish with oil. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and cook ground beef until browned, breaking up beef using a wooden spoon. Add garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook for 2 minutes. If beef mixture is very greasy, drain excess fat using a spoon. Stir in parsley and provolone, and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until slightly thickened. Add mustard and Parmesan.
- Spread half the cream sauce in the baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture and arrange face up in dish. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and bake until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.