Ready In: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray generously with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is still sticky, add more powdered sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached. You should be able to easily form a ball with the filling.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking pan with half of the graham crackers in a single layer. Evenly spread a third of the melted chocolate on top, then add the peanut butter mixture, spreading out as evenly as possible.
- Top the peanut butter layer with another third of the melted chocolate, again evenly spreading it out, then with another layer of the graham crackers, followed by the remaining chocolate..
- Place in the refrigerator to chill until set, about an hour. Once chilled, slice into bars and serve. Enjoy! (Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.)