Ready In: 4 h 15 m
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add yellow onions and sauté until they begin to soften. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Raise heat to high and sear chuck roast on all sides. Transfer to plate.
- Deglaze Dutch oven with beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, making sure to scrape up any browned bits for added flavor.
- Remove from heat and return roast, onions and garlic to pot. Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake on center oven rack for 2 hour 15 minutes. Add potatoes and bake an additional 1 hour 45 minutes or until veggies are tender. Rest chuck roast 5 minutes before slicing and sprinkle with green onions for garnish.