Ready In: 30 m
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, cored, halved and sliced 1⁄4″ thick
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. skirt steak
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 romaine hearts, sliced 1⁄2″ thick (12 cups)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- In a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and very soft, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season steak with chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Cut steak into 2 or 3 pieces to fit into the skillet, and then cook, turning once, until nicely browned and barely pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes. Let rest five minutes before slicing.
- Whisk lime juice, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add romaine, avocado and cilantro leaves, and toss to combine. Divide between serving plates and top with pepper-onion mixture and sliced steak. Garnish with more cilantro leaves and season with salt and pepper.