4 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed
2 cups whipping topping
1 1/2 cup cold milk
1 cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled, divided
1 (8 oz.) package mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (3 oz.) package ladyfingers
unsweetened cocoa powder, garnish
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice into small pieces. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Follow packaging directions and mix cold milk and pudding mix in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- In a bowl or mixer, beat mascarpone until smooth and creamy, then mix in 3 tablespoons coffee.
- Remove pudding from fridge and alternate adding it and whipped topping into the creamy mascarpone.
- Pour remaining coffee into a bowl and set up your individual ramekins or large trifle dish next to it.
- Working one at a time, take ladyfingers and quickly dunk them in coffee, making sure both sides get completely submerged.
- Immediately line the bottom of serving dish(es) with 1/2 of ladyfingers.
- Top ladyfinger layer with a thick layer of mascarpone mixture. Then add remaining ladyfingers and a heaping amount of strawberries. (If using trifle dish, spread out all of the strawberries.)
- Spread remaining mascarpone mixture over the top and dust generously with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When ready to serve, garnish with a strawberry and serve chilled.