Ready In: 1 hour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, finely ground [should be 1 1/2 cups once ground]
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons non-fat milk
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, create crust ingredients by mixing together 3 cups rolled oats, peanut butter, maple syrup and salt, if using.
- Once everything’s combined, transfer mixture to lined baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Place baking dish in refrigerator and let chill until further use.
- For the filling: place peanut butter and maple syrup in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 20-second increments until melted together and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract, then mix in 1 1/2 cups ground oats until thoroughly incorporated. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour fudgy filling over set crust, then return to refrigerator or freezer to set.
- For the frosting, place chocolate chips in a glass or other microwaveable bowl and heat in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in Greek yogurt and cocoa powder, mixing until smooth, then add in non-fat milk (working in small batches) until desired consistency is reached.
- Once filling is set, spread frosting on top of bars, then return to refrigerator until set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!