Ready In: 1 h 10 m
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven or oven proof cast iron skillet/pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down and cook until crispy and golden brown. Season generously with salt and pepper. Turn the thighs over and sear until golden. Transfer the thighs onto a plate and set aside.
- To the same skillet add the onion, garlic and bell peppers. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the onion and peppers are soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, bay leaf, tomato paste and stir. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Stir in the rice, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer the chicken back to the skillet on top of the rice. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. You could cover the skillet for the first 30 minutes and then remove the lid for the last 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green olives and parsley and serve warm.