Ready In: 60 m
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green onions, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×9-inch pan.
- Cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove from heat, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan, sauté onion and bell pepper over medium heat until tender. Add garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese. Set aside.
- Pour potatoes into baking dish. Top with cooked sausage and sautéed vegetables. Pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 35-40 minutes, then top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes. Cool slightly before serving and garnish with sliced green onions.