Ready In: 25 m
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425º F and line a standard baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet mixture and whisk until just incorporated and smooth.
- Fold in blueberries, if using, then pour mixture into lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving with maple syrup.