Ready In: 25 m
- 1 lb. fetuccine
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook fettuccine according to the instructions on box, reserving a cup of pasta water to thicken the sauce, if needed.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook until pink and completely opaque, about 6 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and reserve.
- Into the pan, add remaining tablespoon butter and garlic. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk the egg yolk in with the cream and milk and stir mixture into the garlic and butter. Bring to a low simmer and add the Parmesan, cooked pasta and shrimp, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with more pepper and parsley. Serve.