- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, and garlic powder, until well combined. Stir in spinach and artichokes and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, crosswise, then cut a 1-1 1/2 inch slit into the center of each breast, forming a pocket. Fill each pocket with spinach mixture, then pinch edges closed.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate medium-sized bowls. Roll each piece of chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip floured chicken the in egg, then dredge through breadcrumbs, making sure they’re evenly coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- To drain off excess oil and transfer to a serving platter lined with paper towels.
- Serve hot!