Ready In: 1 h 20 m
- 2 refrigerated store-bought pie crusts
- 4 c. chopped rhubarb
- 2 c. chopped strawberries
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice plus 1 tsp. zest
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. cold, unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. Using a rolling pin, roll out both pie crusts until very thin and large.
- In a large bowl, mix together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest, and salt until mixture begins to look juicy. Place one crust into a pie dish and pour in fruit mixture. Dot with pieces of butter.
- With the other sheet of pie dough, make a lattice top. First, cut the dough into ½” strips. Then, weave strips over and under each other in a criss-cross formation. Using kitchen shears, trim the top and bottom crust so there’s a 1” overhang, then fold under and crimp edges together. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until pie is golden and set, 55 to 60 minutes. If crust is browning too fast, cover with aluminum foil.
- Let pie cool slightly, then serve with vanilla ice cream.