Ready In: 3 h
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil to a heavy bottomed stock pot over high heat. Work in small batches to brown beef on all sides, remove from pot and set aside.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until veggies are softened. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon tomato paste. Add ¼ cup beef stock to pot and stir to deglaze, scraping up brown bits.
- Return beef to pot and add cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, pepper, remaining beef stock, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and transfer pot to oven, 2 ½ hours.
- To serve, remove meat and vegetables from pot and gently pull meat apart with a fork. Stir to combine with vegetables.